I think I have lost count of the number of planes that have crossed my head (Oh I wonder! was I even counting). They seem to appear just out of nowhere, with lights on and tyres out- ready to touch down, while others just zoom past, much higher. The breeze is getting unfriendly and making me freeze, the people around me start walking away from here to warmer places on the campus. Sitting on the top I can see the fog filled trees, the OAT, the tank, the far away buildings and of course the library. Our spot where all of come to sit at night and the field. People look so small from here, playing soccer on the dry field. The Qutub minar and the Bahai temple, where we plan to go during one day on the campus are both, out of sight today.
The lights are out as the world begins to dim, much like my future. Sudden surprise, there is this wind. Far away I can hear some chants or maybe some people are singing. Now when I look up I can’t see the far away buildings. Thick fog and darkness. It’s the same place where one time all of us sat and took pictures and there was not a moment when there was silence, only laughter and songs. Now, when everyone is gone and I am here, it seems that I can hear my own silence. But why am I here, for someone. It’s very cold. No stars out yet. The faint moon, up in the sky, right next to the tallest building of JNU and a faint sigh from me. And the temperature too is dipping now.
I think I should get down from this rock now and stop this music so that I can start the long and heavy walk, towards where I do not know, however away from here.

Comments

sam said…
hmm.. bored to death eh? I guess sitting alone on the PSR can drive you nuts with the amount of thoughts going through your head:)
Parul said…
yup..bored to death,it aint good at all to stay on the campus after all frens are at home..!!!!

Popular posts from this blog